Monday, September 8, 2008

Of Names and Biology lessons

Clearing my email archive, I found these and I simply have to share them. I apologise if you find them a little crude. I know I needed a chuckle today.


WHAT'S IN A NAME?
A Red Indian boy goes to his mother one day with a puzzled look on his face.

"Say, Mom," he asked, "why is my big brother named Mighty Storm'?"
"Because he was conceived during a mighty storm." she replied.

"Why is my sister named 'Corn Flower'?"
"Well," his mother answered, "Your father and I were in a cornfield when we made her."

"And why is my other sister called 'Moon Child'?"
"We were watching the moon landing while she was conceived," the mother replied.

The mother then asked the boy, "Tell me, Broken Rubber, why are you so curious?"


BIOLOGY LESSON
At a Biology class, the teacher asked the class:

"Why is that during childhood, gals tend to grow taller than guys?"
A student replied: "That's because guys have balls and that weighs them down."

Teacher: "Then why is that at maturity, guys tend to grow taller than gals?"
Student: "That's because gals have breasts and they are heavier than the guy's balls."

13 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:57 PM

    Haha..moral of the story..don't simply name your child..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:01 PM

    Crude or not they sure made me laugh. Thanks for the laughs. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wondering if the American India couple has any kids named Living Room Sofa or Kitchen or Dining Table...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, ha, ha...! :D Reminds me of my 5-year-old son who keeps asking us why over everything he sees and observes :p

    He keeps asking my wife her stomach so big (she's 6 months pregnant now). And we had to keep telling him becos his little brother is inside :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most of the time he asks quetions to which i have no answers like, "Why the red light (at a traffic light junction)turn so fast?"

    i can only reply "Don't know."

    Or if he asks "Why the silver train not working?" then i would give lame answer like "Becos the silver train not working." :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. It takes tons of patience to answer the questions of a perpetually curious 5-year-old. many a time, it can be pretty exasperating :p

    ReplyDelete
  7. Curiosity killed the cat. But a child's curiosity might do the same to a parent too :p

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha! Very funny! Poor boy - he was just an accident! The second joke makes sense! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. MBL, absolutely, especially in our society where we use so many different dialects.

    CC, I'm glad you enjoyed them. You are welcome.

    KS, it's hard to say but probably not if they are the new generation people.

    ReplyDelete
  10. MB, exasperating could be the word sometimes. This reminds me of an article I read about a grown son getting upset with his aging dad for asking the same question over and over again though parents don't get upset when their kid asks the same question repeatedly. Parents love is indeed unconditional and boundless. Sometimes, we need reminders like these to make us see from the other side.

    So, it's a boy, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Foong, glad you enjoyed them too. Simple logic, yeah?

    ReplyDelete
  12. yeah it's a boy. Hopefully no. 2 will not be as talkative as no. 1 :p

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL! But then again, that's how they learn.

    Aww... your wife is outnumbered! She needs to have twin baby girls the next round. Eh?

    ReplyDelete