Wednesday, August 9, 2006

Sons and Daughters and Moms
















This is touching and could be a reality check.

THE WORLD IS FULL OF SONS AND DAUGHTERS LIKE ME & you.

I had a marvelous mother who loved me, sacrificed for me and helped me in every way possible. In all of my growing up, through college and eventually marriage, my mother was always at my side. And when I needed help with my little ones, she was there for me.


Today, we buried this wonderful woman. Can you imagine how I felt when I returned from the services and found this poem in her desk drawer?

THE TIME IS NOW
If you are ever going to love me
Love me now while I can know
The sweet and tender feelings
Which from true affection flow

Love me now while I am living
Do not wait until I am gone
And then have it chiseled in marble
Sweet words on ice cold stone

If you have tender thoughts of me
Please tell me now
If you wait until I am sleeping
Never will be death between us
And I won't hear you then

So if you love me, even a little bit
Let me know while I am living
So that I can treasure it

Now she is gone and I am sick with guilt because I never told her what she meant to me. Worse yet, I did not treat her as she deserved to be treated. I found time for everyone and everything but I never made time for her.
It would have been easy to drop in for a cup of tea and a hug but my friends came first. Would any of them have done for me what my mother did?

I know the answer. When I called mom on the phone, I was always in a hurry. I feel ashamed when I think of the times I cut her off. I remember too, the times I could have included her and didn't. Our children loved Grandma from the times they were babies. They often turn to her for comfort and advice. She understood them. I realize now that I was too critical, too short-tempered, too stingy with praise.
Grandma gave them unconditional love. The world is filled with sons, daughters and a child like me. I hope they see themselves in this letter and realize from it.

** If this has touched you, PLEASE PASS IT ON

Important policy in Live
1. Forgive and Forget
Forgive peoples mistake and forget about it.

2.Give and Take
Understand/respect others feeling

3.Ego
Be Happy with what you have, dont'show off


Source unknown

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:32 AM

    This is so very true
    We are deluded in ourselves all the time and we neglects and be selfish
    We are all guilty of it...
    We will never learn until we lose them.
    Such ironic things considering of the high levels of education we are talking about everyday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Z, I agree. It's not only moms but people whom we love, for life is fragile and uncertain. Most times, we put off what we can do today but tomorrow sometimes doesn't come. Sorry, don't mean to dampen your spirits. Let's stay well, stay positive and proactive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Happy,

    I love this:

    "Love me now while I am living
    Do not wait until I am gone
    And then have it chiseled in marble
    Sweet words on ice cold stone"

    It's applicable too in our daily life - we shouldn't wait till it's too late; we should be proactive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joe, this is in fact applicable all round, isn't it? A plea for love and awakening. Touching. Glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:10 PM

    You are right that tommorrow may not come...
    I doubt that even if you say it we would think twice about it
    Even I... We're all hoping for the better
    Let's all stay well...
    For all, for ourselves...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Z, I'll drink to that. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete