Saturday, June 9, 2012

CNNGo's list of World's 10 Most Loved Cities


Hey Rurousha, your city from yonder made it to the World's 10 Most Loved Cities on CNNGo's list coming in at No. 9! How cool! Wait, there's more. Your (Hero) city tops the list. Not fair, you get to live in two of the world's most loved cities!

Apparently, all cities are not created equal. CNNGo trawled the Internet for media "best of" praise, solicited recommendations from local correspondents, bloggers and travelers, scraped the bottom of every Internet and press barrel we could find for reasons not to include these conurbations, and still come up with what we think is a definitive list of the world's most loved cities. They found out that:

San Francisco has its Tenderloin, food snobs and bridge tolls.
Cape Town has its great white sharks and 17-hour commutes from New York City (which has its own issues).
Montreal has an underperforming hockey team and ridiculously cold winters.
And let’s not even get started about Tokyo.

Bottom line: travelers love places in spite of all their imperfections. Or perhaps because of them.


Here's the list of the World's 10 Most Loved Cities. Are you living in one of them..

10. Barcelona, Spain


9. Cape Town, South Africa


8. Montreal, Canada
7. New York City, United States
6. Paris, France
5. Petra, Jordan
4. San Francisco, United States
3. Santiago, Chile
2. Shanghai, China
1. Tokyo, Japan


Read more about the cities on CNNGo's World's 10 Most Loved Cities..

4 comments:

  1. Oh! Look! My two homes! :D

    You know what really makes me happy? This bit: "Table Mountain was declared one of the 7 New Wonders of Nature, beating out places like the Grand Canyon and the Galapagos Islands." I still get wobbly-bottom-lipped when I catch my first glimpse of the mountain during a visit to South Africa.

    Then, of course, I get all soppy when I see Fuji-san when I return to Japan! ;)

    Why did they use Akihabara maids as an icon for Tokyo? Where's Tokyo Sky Tree?! Hmph.

    PS: Yes, I've lived in two of the world's most loved cities. I have excellent taste when it comes to cities where I live and blogs that I read! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool, the top two cities are both from Asia.. and from the list of 10 cities, i've only been to 3.. how embarrassing~~ :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Envy! Envy! You having access to two of the world's famous natural wonders!

    I don't care if I've said it before. You, Rurousha, are just so kind. Thank you for honouring me with your visits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SK. yeah, how cool - top two from Asia.

    You've been to three? Wow! That's plenty by me. :D

    ReplyDelete