Anyone of you gone over the list of things that may affect your life when GST kicks in in less than a month just as we speak? Yep, April 1st is fast approaching.
Stumbled upon MSN's Top 17 things to buy before GST implementation and was I shocked at the most unlikely items (at least I thought) that would go under the new Goods and Services Tax.
MSN says, According to the Customs Department, there is a list of items that would be taxed higher once GST kicks in on 1st April.
Let me give you a rundown..
1. Handphones top the list.
2. Ice-cream. You read right. Store them tubs!
3. Fishbals (? - beats me).
4. Canned sardines and tuna. (This I would have to stock up.)
5. Computer. (Buy one and save it as a Christmas/birthday present?)
7. Tablets and Ipad.
8. Motorcycle, 110CC.
9. Oats and cereal. (Looks like staying healthy will come with a higher price from April 1st.)
10. Lipsticks. (Psst, don't waste it on writing hate messages.)
11. Watches. (If you've been eyeing that watch, grab it now.)
12. Digital photo printing. (If you have been printing photos, you'd have to pay more from April.)
13. Drinking water (bottled).
14. Nail polish.
15. Photocopy machine. (Something for your employer to tackle.)
16. Chili sauce, Oyster sauce, etc. (Don't know why but Nando's comes to mind.)
17. Magazines. (Subscriptions to foreign mags are really affordable.)
And we are talking about an initial 6%.