Friday, July 6, 2007

Buying used cars

Malaysia has very recently relaxed import of motor vehicles allowing all makes of vehicles being available on the market. This has led to strong competition among car dealers and prices being substantially reduced much to the advantage of car buyers. Along the way, used cars are getting a bashing where prices are concerned.

To add to the problem, these days, people who are looking for used cars are concerned that the car they are buying may have been a victim of a flood as certain parts of the country suffered some bad flooding recently.

If one is looking for a used car, there are abundant choices. It's really a buyer's market here. Every make is available and at such low prices, it's hard to believe. We have not progressed to shopping for used cars online because I don't think there is any local website available, so we just go shopping physically for the car we want.

However, online shopping for Used Cars does have its advantages. For a start it saves you time as you can narrow down the search of the vehicle you are looking for. Some websites even allow you to put up your car for sale.

9 comments:

  1. Buy a new bicycle instead. With the huge savings in purchase price, fuel, maintenance, and insurance, you can take a taxi when the weather isn't suitable or your destination too far.

    If you can't reach your daily commute by bike, bus or train - you live too far from work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PandaB, brilliant idea. I've got to move my office next door. I won't even need a bicycle then.

    Some evenings, I see this group of foreign workers cycling home and I wish I can do that too though for recreational purposes. I need to get my bicycle in order again. The tyres are always flat and that's a sore point. :(

    I once rode a tandem bicycle and it was really fun. Wheeee........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tandem bikes are fun. You brought up a memory for me from when I did that with a cousin when I was about 14 years old. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bicylces bring back memories. I used to have a neighbour, an old but strong man from China, who had a really big bike. It's got this wide sturdy latticed metal seat at the back for carrying goods or for a pillion rider. It was a really big/tall bike. I have not seen anything like it before.

    PandaB, I actually warm up to bicycle stories/posts. That's why I always enjoy your posts with a bicycle ride thrown in. haha..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Used cars for sale by owner can make available a fabulous opportunity for others to hit upon their dream car for less. Auto Parts

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful opinion. The things mentioned are unanimous and
    needs to be appreciated by everyone.
    thank you
    """""""""
    jhon smith
    """"""""""
    ISA Allowance

    ReplyDelete
  7. Buy a new bicycle instead. With the huge savings in purchase price, fuel, maintenance, and insurance, you can take a taxi when the weather isn't suitable or your destination too far.

    used cars

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need a pick up truck. A Subaru Baja or Frontier from Nissan would be great. How much do you think is that? I am willing to spend not more than $30,000 USD. Please keep me posted.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mary, if you are in Malaysia, you may want to check out this site:

    http://www.motortrader.com.my/

    ReplyDelete