Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Moneygami - Origami with Bills

Origami is the ancient Japanese art of paper folding, whose word is derived from "ori" meaning "to fold", and "kami", meaning paper, and changed to voiced sound "gami" according to Rendaku. (Wikipedia) "Origami" refers to all types of paper folding, even those of non-Asian origin.














These are made from real money. I found them from a Blogger's Blog of Note, "Do You Speak English?" Radio Show which cited Fun Fever as the source.

Someone commented negatively about putting Lincoln in a turban, others saw the funny side of it instead. You may want to read the comments on the Fun Fever site, especially the one by Dr Taylor. He explains why we think the way we do. Interesting.

5 comments:

  1. OMG, Too cool! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I thought so too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:25 PM

    Ooh I love them. But I love to spend them more ... :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm surprised no one has declared a fatwa against the person who made Ayatollah Khomeini wearing a clown hat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andie, I know the feeling. lol

    MM, oh! Is that him? I didn't recognise him.

    ReplyDelete