Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Glee star died from alcohol and heroin

The sudden death of Glee star, Cory Monteith, on Saturday shocked friends and fans around the world and got people wondering as to the cause of his death.

After the autopsy on Monday, a coroner in British Columbia announced that he died from a heroin and alcohol overdose.

The 31-year-old Canadian actor, who played Finn Hudson in the Fox TV hit, was found dead in a Vancouver hotel room on Saturday.

Monteith, who had been in the musical comedy since its 2009 start, was treated for drug addiction in April.

Fox TV officials had described Monteith as "an exceptional talent".


In a statement, the coroner's office said: "There is no evidence to suggest Mr Monteith's death was anything other than a most tragic accident."

It said a post-mortem examination had determined "a mixed-drug toxicity involving heroin and alcohol" was the cause of death.

Monteith is thought to have been alone when he died because video footage and other evidence suggested he had returned to his room at the city centre Pacific Rim Hotel by himself after spending time with other people.

The alarm was raised when he failed to check out at midday on 13 July. He had been staying at the hotel for a week.

More on BBC..Cory Monteith: Glee star died from alcohol and heroin


Related articles:
- Lea Michele "Didn't Know" Cory Monteith Had Relapsed With Heroin
- Cory Monteith Cremated After Autopsy, Father Joe Not Invited

5 comments:

  1. Oh Gee.. so much great future ahead but ruined by drugs. Its his choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sad, indeed. So many celebs have succumbed to this sort of "self-inflicted killing". Michael Jackson comes to mind. Amy Winehouse is another.

      Delete
    2. Whitney Houston too?

      Delete
  2. it's such a pity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. So much going for him.

      Delete