Friday, April 27, 2007

Family problems

Here's one for you to figure out. When I first read it, it reminded me of a former colleague who had three marriages and their relationships posed some confusion for those handling their official documents. Now, go figure this one out.


Two men were sitting in a bar, drinking shot after shot.

One of them said to the other, "You know, my parents are forcing me to get married to this so called homely girl from a village whom I haven't even met once. We call this arranged marriage. I don't want to marry a woman I don't love.

I told them that openly and now have a hell lot of family problems.

The other man said, "Talking about love marriages...I'll tell you my story. I married a widow whom I deeply loved and dated for 3 years.

"After a couple of years, my father fell in love with my step-daughter and so my father became my son-in-law and I became my father's father-in-law. My daughter is my mother and my wife my grandmother.

More problems occurred when I had a son. My son is my father's brother and so he is my uncle. Situations turned worse when my father had a son.

Now my father's son, i.e. my brother, is my grandson. Ultimately, I have become my own grand father and I am my own grandson. And you say you have family problems!!

2 comments:

  1. Aha... this is a joke I came across many years ago. I used to save jokes but lost them all when my hard disk crashed. (Dell sucks!)

    Some years back, I read in a tabloid that in America, a woman and her daughter married the same guy. I think they were Mormons...

    According to a Chinese documentary, 4 Tibetan brothers "collectively" married 2 sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have a collection which I revisit. I think most if not all of us do have some sort of an archive and old jokes get a new lease on life every now and again.

    I saw that documentary too. They were so young - probably procreation would only come years later.

    ReplyDelete