Friday, November 6, 2009

Of Steam Iron and Steam Cleaners


Steam does wonders. The other day at a Homelife exhibition, I almost bought a steam iron, you know the type that you can just go over the crinkled fabric and voila! it's all smooth and ironed out. Sometimes I wonder if it really works that well or is it just a magic trick that only the sales personnel is trained to do.

Homes with wall-to-wall carpeting definitely can do with steam cleaners or at least one at home. Carpets are landing pads for dust and over time, they become homes for dust-mites, the cause of a host of health problems.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:54 PM

    I know steam iron are used by fashion houses and retailers. They're good for clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've seen those steam irons in shopping malls, you just swipe the thing over hung clothes and viola!! i think they are amazing, but yet i'm using conventional iron at home, sweat dripping over sweat whenever i do my ironing..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer steam iron. They are better. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mei Teng, I'm sure they really work. Saves time and energy too with the right technique.

    SK, LOL! That's why I send my clothes to the dhoby..

    T, this one is also a steam iron only thing is you don't need an ironing board or a flat surface as the clothes can be ironed even from a clothes hanger.

    ReplyDelete