Saturday, August 18, 2007

A Little Pleasure


Hands up, those of you who love books and reading. All of you? Fantastic! Me too, though I know I don't read enough.

When I go to a mall, one of the stores I look forward to or I light up at the sight of, is a bookstore. I'm sure I'm not alone as each time I step into one, there would be hordes of others so engrossed in whatever they are reading that to them the world simply does not exist. Indeed, one of the little pleasures in life - being able to indulge in something you love doing and being lost and not having a care in the world, momentarily!

2 comments:

  1. A woman after my own heart. (Don't worry, mine is taken). After I closed my business to "retire" early, I worked in two different bookstores for a number of years and loved it each time.

    If only public libraries got the funding and support they deserve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww-shucks!!

    A friend recently visited our National Library and was disappointed with the lack of reference material he was looking for. I certainly hope that's an isolated case.

    ReplyDelete