Thursday, September 9, 2010

Visiting Taiwan

The other day, I saw a travel programme that showcases one of the many eco-parks in Taiwan. According to this traveller, she said that Taiwan developed seven eco-parks in a span of just twenty years which is amazing.

The park that she visited is Taroko National Park. It's got marble mountains, clean blue waters and spectacular vista through awesome gorges, mesmerising waterfalls and more, and I noticed each sharp bend along the trekking path is equipped with a convex mirror for user safety. I'm now looking at Taiwan as a possible holiday destination. Have you been to Taiwan?


Image source: Virtualtourist

9 comments:

  1. A lot of Malaysians would love to visit Taiwan right? I would love to be there too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taiwan is one of the places I wish to visit. Won't be this year though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. in the past 20 years, while they try to develop those eco-park, we here happily keep destroying nature and build modern buildings~~ :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:51 PM

    I visited Taiwan when I was a young child. Couldn't remember much about the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, a lot of Chinese Malaysians would love to visit Taiwan, esp those who speak Mandarin and/or Hokkien. Someone I know who has been there many times would still want to visit again.

    KS, good for you. I understand Taiwan is a hub for Tibetan Buddhism, outside Tibet this side of the world, though not the Dalai Lama lineage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SK, I agree that Malaysia need to preserve more of our nature. All those deforestation and destruction are not leaving much for future generations to enjoy. Considering the history of our jungles and vegetation, we don't have enough developed national parks, do we?

    Mei Teng, time to revisit, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved Taiwan. Been to many places in Taiwan, but interestingly, I haven't been to Taroko Gorge.

    Had wanted to go the previous time, but we figured it will be quite taxing to our budget. A day trip to Taroko from Taipei, and hiring a taxi driver can easily set back person back by S$200-S$300..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been to Taiwan. I went with my college band in 1987. Loved it! (I didn't enjoy getting "Taiwan tummy", though...)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to visit Taiwan but I need a travel partner that is fluent in Mandarin! : )

    ReplyDelete