Wednesday, September 15, 2010

It's All About The Runway

Authored by Leandro Delgado

We all have guilty pleasures--for some, it's chocolate, while for others it's reading gossip magazines. My guilty pleasure is watching Project Runway. I have always prided myself on being fashion forward and enjoyed following fashion trends. Maybe I have some hidden desire to design clothes, or maybe not. But, I do know that Project Runway allows me to live vicariously through the designers on this reality show.

There is just something about sitting down with a diet coke in hand, turning on my www.TVByDirect.comsatellite TV, and kicking back to watch the emotion and drama unfold on Project Runway. While watching all of emotion play out on screen while the designers come up with some crazy apparel is entertaining to say the least, the last 15 minutes of the show is perhaps even better! It is in the last part of the show that we get to see the runway show and judgment. The judgment consists of the Heidi Klum and the rest of the judges critiquing each individual designer. The emotions that were displayed earlier in the show are now multiplied by a factor of at least 10. At the end of an hour somebody is kicked off the show and I can rest easily that night knowing that I had a full hour, to myself, enjoying my guilty pleasure.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:31 AM

    I have never caught onto Project Runway. I am interested in watching the upcoming The Biggest Loser coming Monday. Shot on location in M'sia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm, guilty pleasure?? why would you regard that as "guilty"?? just do what you like and never feel guilty about it..

    yeah, it's always nice to have your own sweet personal time doing something that you like, away from all hassles of work and life, be it just as simple as watching your favourite program on TV.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Project Runway. The dramas, the catfights... love it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mei Teng, I enjoy watching "Project Runway". The other reality show I enjoy is "Celebrity Home". I'm also looking forward to "The Biggest Loser".

    ReplyDelete
  5. SK, everyone is entitled to some "me-time" without feeling guilty, eh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lina, strangely, catfighting is the part I dislike most in reality shows. Wish all that cattiness is not shown to viewers but then again, without them, the show would not be so dramatic, so interesting, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never seen this show. This is indeed the first time I came to know about the show as I'm not a TV worm. But as you informed me I will try to see the show if the channel is available here. Bye.

    ReplyDelete