Tuesday, September 28, 2010

My Moroccon Adventure

Thanks for the guest post by Kristofer Bartlett

As an avid traveler who likes to undertake long journeys, I was tempted to make plans for Morocco after watching a Travel Channel episode on Satellite tv in Texas. Since international travel is my hobby, I always wanted to visit Morocco, which has retained its old world charm in midst of modernization.

Inside the Magic Lamp

Fez was my destination of choice as its old city is considered to be the largest UNESCO heritage town in the world. On arrival, I stayed in one of the popular old renovated boutique hotels inside the walled city. To reach my hotel, I had to traverse numerous alleyways, where time seemed to stand still. These streets were a conglomeration of old coffee shops, mud walls, colorful murals and painted windows. There were street musicians, painters and street hawkers making it feel like an Aladdin movie set.

The Jewel of the East

After two days, I arranged for a group travel to Casablanca. Casablanca is well known for its historical architecture, and the architecture was precisely what we wanted to focus on. Visiting the splendid Hassan II Mosque and Cathédrale Sacré-Coeu were the highlight of our tour.

In the Sahara

Still, the pinnacle of my international travel was a visit to Kasbah Toubkal, which is a model of Arabian mountain resort. My hosts also arranged for me to stay at one of the traditional Bedouin camps located near the Algerian borders. Had it not been for that particular satellite TV program, I could have missed a trip of a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment