Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Haadyai

Several locations usually frequented by security officials and Malaysian tourists were the targets in the recent explosions that rocked the suburbs of Haadyai in southern Thailand. It is a pity that Haadyai is not spared the violence as it is a popular holiday destination with Malaysians who are looking for a short holiday.

I remember I enjoyed the seafood while I was there. Shopping was great too with the currency to our advantage. With the current situation of violence and unrest, it will be awhile before I visit Haadyai again.

2 comments:

  1. A shame that no place is actually safe anymore. Our world is becoming more and more perilous by the day! Pity. I've never been to Haadyai too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haadyai is popular with KLites. There are bus tours from KL too. I remember some years back, due to the low demand, flights from KL were cancelled. Not sure if they have been reinstated.

    ReplyDelete