Friday, July 24, 2009

Friday Frolics - What tropical fruit are you?

I enjoy eating avocadoes. What is there not to like about this lovely and smooth-tasting fruit, eh?

Compared to other fruits, avocadoes are expensive here. One fruit would normally cost RM4.99. They used to cost a lot cheaper. Over the weekend, I was surprised to see them at RM1.59. I couldn't pass this up, so I bought more than usual. I like avocadoes ripe, so I'm waiting anxiously for them to ripen before they go into the fridge and ready for digging in.

One other local fruit I enjoy is mangoes. About a month or so ago, there were many different types of mangoes in the supermarkets and all at just RM0.39 per 100gm. Even though we grow mangoes here in Malaysia, we also import them from Thailand and India just like we import durians from Thailand even though we have all the delicious durian strains here.

Mangoes are sweet and delicious but it's best to eat them in moderation as like most tropical fruits, any excess will cause heatiness (not to be confused with being in heat though. LOL!) Your throat would act up as a result. You get a sore throat, that is.

This week's personality quiz is about tropical fruits and it says I am an Avocado. What a strange coincidence. What tropical fruit are you?




You Are an Avocado



You are casual, laid back, and totally easy to get along with.

You are compatible with many different types of people, even those with strong personalities.



You are creative and inspired. You don't put yourself in a box, and you aren't into labels.

You are open-minded and diplomatic. People find your "middle of the road" ways comforting.


Other Personality Quizzes

11 comments:

  1. did the test. and i'm a Acai Berry! and i don't know what it is! :D

    You are an Acai Berry

    You are an intense, fascinating person with a very strong personality. You don't shy away from controversy, and you're incredibly independent.

    You are cultured, knowledgeable, and worldly. You have a deep understanding of things.
    You are lively and healthy. You believe your body is a temple, and you treat it as such.

    well i love dragon fruit. love the red ones. costly as well, but lovely. good for digestion too! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:25 PM

    Haha...avocado too! I love this fruit but find them a tad bland by itself. I prefer having them in salads and sandwiches. There's also a drink (of Indonesian origin I think) made from a mix of avocado and milo. Super duper creamy and yummy!

    You are casual, laid back, and totally easy go get along with.
    You are compatible with many different types of people, even those with strong personalities.

    You are creative and inspired. You don't put yourself in a box, and you aren't into labels.
    You are open-minded and diplomatic. People find your "middle of the road" ways comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, i am a papaya.. well, at least i don't hate papaya.. i actually love watermelon the most.. hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a mango! Muahahaha :D There are plenty of mango trees around my house. Well...I believe that's why I am a mango? Beats me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, avocado is good and healthy fruit indeed. I used to for my salad as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a Papaya. I used to have papaya trees in my yard in Hawaii and a neighbor grew avocado - I was in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  7. PandaB, you sure had the best of both worlds. One thing about avocado trees is that they are too tall to allow for easy plucking of the fruits. Fortunately, they drop down when they are ripe.

    Hi uLi, welcome. I normally eat it with brown sugar. Plain and yummy. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tekkaus, wow, there are lots of mango trees around your house? Awesome. Are they of different varieties?

    SK, the best papayas are the ones that ripen from the tree instead of the ones we buy from shops. Those are normally green and are ripened artificially. The hazards of technology advancement.

    I don't take too much watermelon because it is a heaty fruit. I get a sore throat if I eat too much at one go or eat it continuously for a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mei Teng, I agree that avocado by itself is rather bland in taste. That's why I eat it with brown sugar. Try it. You might like it that way too. An avocado fruit drink is interesting. Haven't tried it yet though.

    Chiaoju, an acai berry? Intereting. According to Wikipedia, eight species are native to Central and South America, from Belize southward to Brazil and Peru, growing mainly in swamps and floodplains.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is avocado tropical? The price here is ok. Sometime 2 for A$1 to A$1.50 at the wet market. Supermarket might cost A$2 each.

    I can eat it just by sprinkle a bit of salt and scoop it like I scoop any other fruits. Some people can't do that.

    Now you are making me think what's my favourite fruit(s), if there is any at all :o)

    PS: You get sore throat by eating too much watermelon??

    ReplyDelete
  11. Avocado grows here but not a common sight. The fruit is not popular unlike it's popularity in the west. Durians are preferred. hahah..

    I wish avocadoes are cheaper here. Interesting that you like eating it with salt. I've not tried that. I eat it with brown sugar.

    Watermelon is not the only fruit that gives me a sore-throat when eaten in excess. I remember eating almost a whole bunch of rambutans and lost my voice the next day. Mangoes and longans are heaty too. Try eating more than your usual quota and you'd be clearing your throat as if something is stuck in there. Durians have no effect on me though.

    ReplyDelete