Monday, July 13, 2009

Malaysia Mega Sale Carnival is Back!

I was reading on Twitter that the air wreaks of smoke like something's burning and that the haze is back over Kuala Lumpur. The Star confirms that peat fires in Bestari Jaya, Banting, Pulau Kempas, Jalan Kebun (all in Selangor) are causing the haze in Klang Valley.

The API reading in Kota Baru, Malacca, Nilai, Kapit, Kajang, Port Klang and Kuala Terengganu have dropped to moderate levels as of 11am this morning.

Where I am, the sky is lovely, blue with some nice cloud formations.



I'd say it's too nice a day to be cooped up indoors. Outside, I can imagine people milling around in crowds in Chinatown, in shopping malls, in market squares all looking for a good bargain. And why not, this being the time again for Malaysia's Mega Sale Carnival which is already in full swing. Started on
July 4, it will stretch right up to August 31 - eight full weeks of shopping and bargains galore.

This year marks the 10th anniversary of the Malaysia Mega Sale Carnival, the country’s biggest shopping event, is back again offering more exciting bargains, discounts, promotions and activities. This much anticipated annual event promises a grand shopping fiesta for locals and visitors alike.

Happy Shopping!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:46 PM

    The acrid smell of smoke was visibly in the air in my office this morning. Thankfully, it cleared by afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I woke up smelling as if something is burning. When I opened my window, I was shocked to see the haze! It's back! Oh, no!! I can't go jogging at the park anymore! : (

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mei Teng, yeah, sometimes it gets so bad, you can even smell it indoors.

    Foong, do you still go to FRIM? Whatever happened to the lady that appeared on the tree? Did you have the chance to check her out?

    ReplyDelete