Monday, September 10, 2007

RC Helicopters


I was at Berjaya Times Square the other day and was attracted by a huge crowd at the foyer. They were crowding around a racing circuit, a remote control (RC) racing car circuit, that is. It was fun to watch and what surprised me was that the people taking part were all adults. Remote control toys have been around for sometime now and the interest has not waned. I remember watching a film about RC helicopters. These beautiful flying machines kinda remind me of dragonflies.

5 comments:

  1. Playing with an RC helicopter seems like a lot of fun :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way back in the early fifties I used to watch my neighbour fly a plane with string attached (like a kite) and powered by some kind of "benzene fuel oil"...it must have been the prototype of such RC planes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MB, kinda reminds me of those spy-movies, don't know why.

    Joe, that must have been awesome to watch. Kites in the sky are fun to watch too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a kid I loved building and flying model planes. In Japan today, people actually use RC helicopters to spray crops (yuck!). Give me organic food every time, but it is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PandaB, that explains your being a pilot.

    Talk about organic food, your vegetable patch must be yielding yummy food for you and K.

    ReplyDelete