Monday, April 1, 2019

A to Z Challenge 2019 - 10th Anniversary - A is for Asia

The A to Z Challenge 2019 is a celebration of its 10th Anniversary. So Happy Anniversary A to Z Challenge and to all participants this year!


That's part of the reason I'm joining this year - the 10th Anniversary.

The other part is I'd like to complete the theme I signed up for last year but never did complete the challenge. The theme is carried forward so to speak to this year. It is still on Malaysia - what's available here, what you can see and do if you are planning a trip to this tropical paradise (ahem!).

Alright, without much ado, let's begin, shall we?


I pick Asia for A this time around. A for Air Asia in last year's challenge.

Why did I pick Asia you may ask. Several years ago I was on holiday in Australia and New Zealand and the nice gentleman at a train ticket counter asked where I was from and when I said 'Malaysia', he was like 'Where? Is it (he named a country)'. I then realized that more people need to know where Malaysia is. I'm just doing a small part.

In case you too are not sure where Malaysia is, it is in ASIA like here...


The image above is courtesy of Wikipedia.

The capital city of Malaysia is Kuala Lumpur and the administrative capital (seat of government) is Putrajaya. However, Kuala Lumpur remains the largest city in Malaysia.

The official and national language here is Malay but English is widely spoken here, so no worries there if you have a concern about communication when you are here.

According to a 2017 census, the population here is over 32 million and are made up of four main Ethnic groups:

68.8% Bumiputera (Natives and Malay)
23.2% Chinese
7.0% Indian
1.0% Others


More information can be obtained on Wikipedia.


All that's for A. And on to B..

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're doing this. I did know roughly where Malaysia is and that Kuala Lumpur is the big city, but that exhausts my knowledge. This will be fun to learn more about the country.

    ReplyDelete