Friday, October 30, 2009

I Saw "Michael Jackson: This Is It"



I watched Michael Jackson: This Is It yesterday (second day of screening) but I missed MJ's special message to his genuine fans as tipped by Anonymous in his comment on my Oct 13 post - This Is It - Michael Jackson's New Song.

So, if you are going to watch it, stay back for MJ's special message to all his genuine fans. Too bad I read Anonymous's comment too late.

What do I think of This Is It? If you are a fan or if you are like me, interested in behind-the-scenes kind of stuff, this documentary is for you. Some of the numbers MJ sang include Jam, Bad, Billy Jean (with a very brief moonwalk), Earth Song, Black or White, Thriller (great set), Smooth Criminal, Man in the Mirror and a medley of Jackon 5 hits. You'll also get to see the dancer selection - sexy - and dance practices including suggestion of the right way of holding the crotch! LOL!

Looking at Michael perform, even though they were rehearsals, you wouldn't think he was sick though I think making it through 50 rounds of such a gruelling routine would have been tough. MJ was so thin that he could pass for one who is a user who has gone overboard on one of those best weight loss pills. Oops!

The beginning was touching. It got me welled up as the principal dancers spoke about how they felt. A few even got choked up.

Go see it just to see the man alive, albeit in rehearsals. It'll be two hours well-spent. I believe the actual concert in London would have been a blast! The movie/documentary will run for two weeks only.

Oh, I was amazed at how Michael was spoken to - so much respect there, and how much he knew his music. Eye-opening.

Btw, do you think MJ's death is a hoax? Check out comment left by Anonymous in my Oct 13 post - This Is It - Michael Jackson's New Song.

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Sounds like you have a great time watching huh! I'm still undecided whether I wanna watch it or not. :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:41 PM

    I don't think I'm going to watch it. I'm still trying to get over his demise. I know he looked so well before he left us. But I guess his time was up. And that is the real "This Is It."

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is screening worldwide now. I guess they will make big bucks from it. Will watch it as MJ is a legend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tekkaus, what's there to be undecided about. Just go watch it and have two hours of great entertainment. :p

    Asha, more so you should go watch him - see him alive and well... err...maybe see his double doing all those stunts. haha...

    Superman, yes, that's the idea - to make some money out of MJ's demise. Hurry! The movie is only for less than two weeks now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I haven't watch it yet! Hope I have the time to watch it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Foong, you must be pretty busy.

    ReplyDelete