Sunday, October 25, 2009

There's Plenty of Money in Africa

Interesting! I'm in someone's list again. After not receiving one for so long, two days ago I received an email requesting assistance to help transfer out more than $8 million from Africa for which I get a cut. No diamonds, just money. Sigh!

Do people still fall for this kind of stuff? Apparently, people still do. Several months ago two people fell for it, one in East Malaysia, the other from Australia. Yep, you read right, from Australia.

10 comments:

  1. Plenty of blood diamond huh! :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. ..and "blood-and-sweat money" here..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember it was 2001 , I was in Cyprus & i received one of these spams by mail ... yes , by letter & real paper I mean !
    It was so freaky & I was shocked ...
    :))
    actually it was from Spain

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many scams around now. Really got to be careful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:56 AM

    It does not matter from where you are. Greed is greed. sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been getting these kinds of letters for over 20 years. First it was by regular post, then fax, then phone, then email.

    I agree - Astonishing that it keeps working.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Peter Pan, gosh! from Spain too? I too have received these letters via snail-mail.

    Superman, I agree. Good advice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Asha, right you are. Greed is greed.

    PandaB, didn't know these have been around for over 20 years! Old habits die hard.. hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahaha, i will just ignore and delete such emails..

    ReplyDelete
  10. SK. that is the wisest thing to do.

    ReplyDelete