Saturday, October 24, 2009

I'm A Contemporary Furniture Kind of Person

I was browsing through a home decoration magazine the other day and thought about IKEA which reminds me I haven't received a copy of IKEA's 2010 catalogue. Have you?


The IKEA catalogue is fabulous, chockful of furnishing trends and exciting new ideas. I like their wide selection of contemporary furniture which includes some really wonderful pieces for one to create any desired home environment.

Btw, did you know that the very first IKEA catalogue was published in Sweden in 1951 and is still published annually and that IKEA catalogue is translated into 27 different languages and is distributed to homes around the world between August and September every year which I haven't received mine, of course.

6 comments:

  1. I just that Ikea is from Sweden. :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:41 PM

    IKEA is very popular here but I understand that it's not a very prestigious label overseas. Quality wise so-so too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, i am also contemporary kind of person.. i just like simple and bold designs, that is why i hate staying in hotels with antique or cultural heritage designs, hahahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coincidentally, I'm going to Ikes later with Wifey. I love the swedish innovation and environmental friendliness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tekkaus, yes, IKEA is from Sweden.

    Mei Teng, it depends on what you're looking for. Their kitchen cabinetry is comparable to Electrolux's and their cupboards and display cabinets are of high quality. And lots of other items are different and unique and which you can't find anywhere else. Whatever it is, I like to visit IKEA and I could spend hours in there.

    We are fortunate here in that we can easily engage a carpenter to do up our built-ins at a reasonable cost.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SK, yeah, old hotels give me the creeps.

    Shingo, so did you buy half of IKEA? hehe..

    ReplyDelete