Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Thank you, Lord

This is one of those emails that never run out of style.
I got it today again. Hope you'll like it.


I dreamt that I went to Heaven and an angel was showing
me around. We walked Side-by-side inside a large workroom
filled with angels.

My angel guide stopped in front of the first section and
said, "This is the Receiving Section. Here, all petitions
to God said in prayer are received."

I looked around in this area, and it was terribly busy
with so many angels sorting out petitions written on
voluminous paper sheets and scraps from people all over
the world. Then we moved on down a long corridor until
we reached the second section.

The angel then said to me, "This is the Packaging and
Delivery Section. Here, the graces and blessings the
people asked for are processed and delivered to the
living persons who asked for them."

I noticed again how busy it was there. There were many
angels working hard at that station, since so many
blessings had been requested and were being packaged
for delivery to Earth.

Finally at the farthest end of the long corridor we
stopped at the door of a very small station. To my great
surprise, only one angel was seated there, idly doing
nothing.

"This is the Acknowledgment Section," my angel friend
quietly admitted to me. He seemed embarrassed.
"How is it that? There's no work going on here?" I asked.

"So sad," the angel sighed. "After people receive the
blessings that they asked for, very few send back
acknowledgments.

"How does one acknowledge God's blessings?" I asked.

"Simple," the angel answered. "Just say, "Thank you, Lord"

"What blessings should they acknowledge?" I asked.

"If you have food in the refrigerator, clothes on your back,
a roof overhead and a place to sleep .. you are richer than
75% of this world."

"If you have money in the bank, in your wallet, and spare
change in a dish, you are among the top 8% of the world's
wealthy."

"And if you get this on your own computer, you are part of
the 1% in the world who has that opportunity."

Also
"If you woke up this morning with more health than illness
......you are more blessed than the many who will not even
survive this day."

"If you have never experienced the fear in battle, the
loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the
pangs of starvation ... you are ahead of 700 million people
in the world"

"If you can attend a church meeting without the fear of
harassment, arrest, torture or death .. you are envied by,
and more blessed than, three billion people in the world."

"If your parents are still alive and still married .. you
are very rare."

"If you can hold your head up and smile, you are not the
norm, you are unique to all those in doubt and despair."

"Ok, what now? How can I start? "

If you can read this message, you just received a double
blessing in that someone was thinking of you as very
special and you are more blessed than over two billion
people in the world who cannot read at all.

Have a good day, count your blessings, and if you want,
pass this along to remind everyone else how blessed we
all are.

ATTN: Acknowledgement Department - Thank You Lord!
"Thank you Lord, for giving me the ability to share this
message and for giving me so many wonderful people to share
it with."

13 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing this beautiful piece. and especially after what i had just witnessed first hand this afternoon after lunch. i had just posted this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU!

    i survived reading this long entry! phew!

    HEHE. jus joking.
    Thanks really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad your post doesnot end with the normal ending....

    Do not throw this message away. Send it to 2 people and you will be doubly blessed.. It you junk this, someone will not be happy you.. etc etc etc.

    Thanks.. nice reading..

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW, are you sure you are 1.88 m? with or without heels har?

    ReplyDelete
  5. FH2o, yes, gratitude, among others, is important. It keeps one grounded.

    Winn, good girl!

    Robin, I dislike those endings and I think it's a dirty trick to increase traffic.

    Never mind about me. Drop it. Perhaps I should take that post down like outta sight, outta mind?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too late, Happysurfer. Maybe a picture would've been better. Now you've gotten all the men's imaginations going full throttle. Don't worry; it'll all ease off when they all find something else to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah moody, maybe a shot of just part of happy's tight miniskirt n her slender long legs will do ...

    just kidding!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Easy, fH2O, easy! Not to be a party pooper, but she's starting to get annoyed. There's no point in pushing her too far. She did say "drop it", and she already took that one post off. If she gets too ticked off she might start dropping us.

    Besides, remember the point of the post behind this comment thread. It's a good one, and we should keep it in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice try guys...

    now go back to your blog!(I am sure Happy will say that)

    (as for me, under my metal table, as usual)

    ReplyDelete
  10. MM, perhaps sandwiches would do the trick? haha.....
    Hey, that's an idea - dropping you guys off - for some peace.

    FH2o, go gorge yourself silly with your bak kua sandwiches.

    Awwww....Robin, you are so sweet. Listen to him, go back to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous6:13 PM

    What's God got to do with it? Still happy at my good fortune, but I dont' give credit to someone's "god". Just a trick to control me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Incidentally, in the U.S. President Bush just signed in a new law that makes it illegal (punishable by fines and possibly even jail time) to send "annoying" e-mails or to post "annoying" web comments without using your real name.

    I guess, as the only American involved in this fracas, that puts me at Happy's mercy!

    "MM, you're annoying me!"

    "NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!"

    "Mr. Minstrel, you're under arrest..."

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Athiest, thank you for visiting.

    MM, is that a fact?! Then, you better be nice to me....or else.....

    Btw, are you sure there is no fine print that says it may also apply to citizens of other countries for instance those of East Malaysia or Sgp? hahahahah....

    ReplyDelete