Tuesday, November 25, 2008

ISTP - The Mechanics

Bonnie left a link to an interesting website, Typealyzer, in this post. Thanks, Bonnie.

If you have not checked it out, you may want to do so and learn what the contents of your blog tell about you. Oh yeah, they do.. Now you know.

In an earlier Friday Frolics on Personality Type, the result identified me as an ISFJ. However, Typealyzer here came up with an ISTP reading from the stuff I blog about. Interesting.

Here's what it says..

ISTP - The Mechanics

The independent and problem-solving type. They are especially attuned to the demands of the moment are masters of responding to challenges that arise spontaneously. They generally prefer to think things out for themselves and often avoid inter-personal conflicts.

The Mechanics enjoy working together with other independent and highly skilled people and often like seek fun and action both in their work and personal life. They enjoy adventure and risk such as in driving race cars or working as policemen and firefighters.

Analysis
This diagram shows what parts of the brain that were dominant during writing.


Now, your turn. Find out which parts of your brains tick when you are doing your thing.

5 comments:

  1. That site said my main blog shows me to be a "doer" (i.e. active), whereas my game site shows me to be a "performer".

    I don't think I trust that test.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actual got a category called "the protector" in the other personality test you did.

    Not terribly surprised that I got different results - I definitely am not one to let it all hang out on my blog; there are parameters for what I feel is OK to share so publicly.

    Actually what probably keeps me the most restrained is the parental control feature -

    My parents read my blog. So I can never write anything I wouldn't say to them!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. MM, I'll have to agree with you if you say you have doubts about the test. The result is based on contents of blog which does not have a direct bearing on one's personality.

    Bonnie, I couldn't agree more. I would have been equally restrained if my parents are reading my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm - I'm typed as a "doer" also.


    The active and play-ful type. They are especially attuned to people and things around them and often full of energy, talking, joking and engaging in physical out-door activities.

    The Doers are happiest with action-filled work which craves their full attention and focus. They might be very impulsive and more keen on starting something new than following it through. They might have a problem with sitting still or remaining inactive for any period of time.

    I think that shows I have ADHD....

    Not sure I trust this test either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PandaB, LOL on the ADHD bit.

    ReplyDelete