This is really good. Very Malaysian. I'm sorry I don't have the source of this great observation but if you do know, please leave a comment here so due credit can be given.
See how many can you identify with. Enjoy..
1. You can name all the players from the English Premier League,
but ask you to name one football player from Malaysia, one name also
cannot come out.
2. When StreamyX come, you complain StreamyX too slow. When Maxis Broadband come, you complain Maxis Broadband always disconnects. When WiMax come, you complain Wimax too expensive. In the end, you say StreamyX still the best lah.
3. When toll price increase, you complain. When petrol price increase,
you complain. When you go Starbucks buy RM10 coffee, NO COMPLAINTS.
4. When you cannot find parking in a shopping mall and have to walk
very far, you complain. When you go inside the shopping mall and
there's SALE, run from one end of 1Utama to the other also NO
6. You are always late. And the excuse you give when you're late is
always either: (a) traffic jam (b) no transport or (c) cannot find
7. You have a parent who force you to take science stream in high
school, study engineering in Uni, then when you graduate, they ask you
to forget everything you learnt in Uni and do commerce.
8. You know someone who can specially develop an angmoh accent when speaking to a American / British / Australian.
9. You complain against the government in kopitiam, you talk loud
loud. Leave anonymous comments on blogs, you also talk loud loud.
Attend ceremah by DAP, you shout loud loud. Then when Opposition
organise a protest and ask you to go, you dun wan. Scared later kena
tangkap by ISA.
10. Every year on the 30th April, you are one of the people below
queueing up last minute to submit your tax return at the IRB.
11. When you pay RM10 for something that costs RM1, you blame the Chinese.
12. When a government service is too slow, you blame the Malays.
13. When a building is not good and collapsed, you blame the Indians.
14. When a Chinese student won a scholarship, you say 'Wah! Very
clever hor?' When a Malay student won a scholarship, you say 'Aiya! Of
course lah! He Malay mah!'
15. When an angmoh stranger kiss you on the cheek to say hello, you
very happy. When a Malaysian guy kiss you on the cheek to say hello,
you slap him.
Haha..great list! I can identify with #3, #4 and #8..:)ReplyDelete
no 6 super malaysian haha (from all walks of life!) :)ReplyDelete
haha.. for me the first one already knocks me out not that I can name all the EPL players but I can't even name one Malaysian player. What a shame, huh?ReplyDelete
QC, yeah lah, Malaysian punctuality. Made in Malaysia wan.ReplyDelete
Very funny list, but very true.ReplyDelete
I complain about Streamyx all the time, but still stick with Streaymx! I try to be punctual but when people ask why I'm late, I would always be honest and say, I'm Malaysian. I follow Malaysian time. LOL
Foong, I believe Streamyx is still the best right now. As for time-keeping, Malaysians are really laid back especially for social functions. Fortunately, eh?ReplyDelete
Hey, for the very first time, I got a meaningful English word from word verification: plate
Word verification has learned some English at last. LOL!
Oh, how come you seem to get meaningful word verification? I never get them! Not even short forms like WTF. Haha!ReplyDelete
WhatTheEff? Really? haha...ReplyDelete