Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Online MyKad Replacement - Frequently Asked Questions

If you have a query relating to online MyKad replacement and need an answer, here are 15 Frequently Asked Questions that the National Registration Department has put together for the benefit of users and whose answers can be obtained from the NRD website.

Also, on this page, you can access various other application forms including Renewal of Driving License, Road Tax renewal, Police department Summons alert as well as Maid Permit renewal and others.

These are the 15 Frequently Asked Questions on the MyKad Replacement. Answers can be found here: MyKad Replacement FAQ.

1) What kind of JPN Services can be done at MyEG’s website?
2) What are the charges involved for the application?
3) Do I have to make / have a police report before applying for the application?
4) Who can use this replacement services?
5) How do I carry out my transaction through the website?
6) Can I replace a new address or insert a new photograph for this MyKad?
7) How do I make my payment for this service?
8) Do I get a receipt for the transaction I make through MyEG Services?
9) Can I use MyEG’s JPN Receipt as my Temporary Identity Document?
10) Can I get my MyKad delivered to me?
11) Can I ask somebody else to collect my new MyKad on my behalf?
12) What do I do if I found out there is a mismatched thumbprint during my collection?
13) How long the application will be processed?
14) How can I check the status of my application?
15) Is the JPN Service available for 24 hours a day at MyEG’s website?


  1. Anonymous9:38 PM

    Never mind how convenient, I would rather go to the office. I have this thing about the human touch - don't really trust technology. Old school, I guess...ketinggalan zaman.

  2. i heard about the online renewal of passport, so they also have this service for MyKad as well?? interesting.. i hate to spend the whole day there waiting for my turn..

  3. I didnt know about this. Hopefully I wont have to use it la.