Thursday, June 8, 2006

Laughter the Best Medicine

First, I made you cry, then I made you smile, and now
let me make you laugh. All this in one day. Enjoy.....


My wife and I have the secret to making a marriage last.
Two times a week, we go to a nice restaurant, a little wine,
good food.....
She goes Tuesdays, I go Fridays.

I asked my wife, Where do you want to go for our anniversary?
She said, Some where I have never been!
I told her, How about the kitchen?

We always hold hands. If I let go, she shops.

She has an electric blender, electric toaster, and electric
bread-maker. Then she said There are too many gadgets, and
no place to sit down! So I bought her an electric chair.

She ran after the garbage truck, yelling,
Am I too late for the garbage?
No, jump in! said the truck driver.

A husband said to his wife, Your mother has been living with
us for 5 years now. Isn't it time that she got herself her
own apartment? My mother? said the shocked wife,
I thought she was your mother.

A couple had three children. Two of them were bright, smart
and handsome but the third child was dull, ugly and backward.
One day the hubby got suspicious and asked, Tell me the
truth dear, is this third child really mine?
Yes, dear, replied the wife, but the other two are not.

One day a father called his 6 children together and asked,
Now tell me, who has been most obedient during last week and
did everything mother asked? In one voice they all replied,
You, daddy.

This man was sitting quietly reading his paper one morning,
peacefully enjoying himself, when his wife sneaks up behind
him and wacks him on the back of his head with a huge frying
pan. He asks, What was that for?
She replies, What was that piece of paper in your pants
pocket with the name Marylou written on it?
He says, Oh honey, remember two weeks ago when I went to
the horse races? Marylou was the name of one of the horses
I bet on.
She is appeased and goes off to work around the house.
Three days later he is once again sitting in his chair
reading and she repeats the frying pan swatting.
He says, What's that for this time? She answered,
Your horse just called.

10 comments:

  1. Happy,

    Luckily I'm not reading this in a mall or somewhere...people will be running away from a mad man..hehehe!

    Thanks for sharing this laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:27 PM

    Gosh! that's lots of posts, or rather words, in one day. LOLz
    *indigestion* ok, i think need juz the Medicine hehehehe-hahahaha-hohoho ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:48 AM

    Laughter is indeed the best medicine
    Definitely lightened my day
    heh heh heh

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha.. such a nice compilation ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Robin, thank you. Glad you enjoyed it.

    Joepsc, just remember not to think of it when you're out in the mall. You would, let me psyche. hehe......

    Slurp!, yeah lah. Oops! Now, just go over to the Nature section and do a no-brainer - just admire the beauty of nature in peace and quiet. shhhhh....... (Now hear a pin drop.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zeroimpact, hi! Good to have you back.

    Indeed, we need laughter in our life along with a little sadness at times to balance out our world. The trick is to get out of each situation a little wiser and carry on with life. Hope your day will be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joepsc, I meant to say "Let me psyche you." Let me know later if my little psychology trick works. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL Thanks! I needed that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. PSYCHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Oh, no...
    Don't give my wife any ideas (or me, for that matter)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pandabonium, yeah, we all need a little of that once in awhile.

    MM, are you sure your wife's none the wiser? She could be quietly hoarding such insights and not telling you about them. Just kidding.

    ReplyDelete