With the flood situation getting more severe, here are some do's and don'ts as issued by The Star to help those in affected areas.
Do's and don'ts during floods
1. Think of safety first during a flood.
2. Take care when walking through shallow water.
3. Turn off electricity and gas supply when evacuating.
1. Don’t try to walk or drive through floodwater.
2. Don’t walk across bridges as they may collapse.
3. Never swim through fast flowing water.
4. Avoid contact with floodwater as it may be contaminated.
Source: The Star