Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Depressed wife sits through hubby’s classes

Here is a beautiful real-life story I read in The Star:

AN 80-year-old professor from China's Jiangsu University of Science and Technology brings his wife, who is suffering from depression, to his classes so that he can take care of her while giving his lectures, Sin Chew Daily reported.

The professor would seat his wife in the last row of the class before he starts his lectures.

She would listen to his lectures but sometimes, she would walk up to the professor.

The professor would apologise to his students before bringing his wife to her seat and continue his lessons, it reported.

The news about the professor and his wife has been circulating on the Internet and the news has touched many Netizens.

However, some wondered why the professor has not retired at the age of 80.

According to the university, the professor was re-hired because he gave good lectures and the students liked to attend his classes.



So sweet, don't you think?

4 comments:

  1. My first thought was, "Oh, this IS sweet!"

    Then I thought, "I hope she's not depressed because she has to listen to him all day."

    Then I read that he's a very good lecturer, and I went back to thinking it was sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is so sweet of the professor.. and i think there are many professors who are still giving lectures albeit way beyond their retiring age.. something we oughta appreciate.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!
    Rurousha, strange, I thought the same too. I thought, "How not to be depressed listening to him all day." Oops!

    Talk about bringing a relative to class reminds me of someone I know who used to bring her dad to her yoga class or was it qigong class, I've forgetten. He would also go along with the exercises whichever he could follow. He has since passed on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SK, indeed, wisdom and experience come with age. It would be a shame if professors retire early. Good thing that Malaysia is planning to move back the retirement age.

    ReplyDelete