Wednesday, May 31, 2006
The Hershey Man can.....
This is pretty neat - an ice-breaker for a bored class
of children or even tired adults who need to take five.
Don't tell me your age; you probably would tell a falsehood
anyway - but the Hershey Man will know! So, here goes...
YOUR AGE BY CHOCOLATE MATH
DON'T CHEAT BY SCROLLING DOWN FIRST!
It takes less than a minute
Work this out as you read ...
Be sure you don't read the bottom until you've worked it out!
1. First of all, pick the number of times a week that you
would like to have chocolate (more than once but less than 10)
2. Multiply this number by 2 (just to be bold)
3. Add 5
4. Multiply it by 50 -- I'll wait while you get the calculator
5. If you have already had your birthday this year
add 1756 .... If you haven't, add 1755.
6. Now subtract the four digit year that you were born.
You should have a three digit number
The first digit of this was your original number
(i.e., how many times you want to have chocolate each week).
The next two numbers are
YOUR AGE! (Oh YES, it is!!!!!)
(This is the only year (2006) it will ever work, so
spread it around while it lasts.)