Saturday, October 30, 2010

A new work commute

Guest post written by Sam Lowell

I ended up buying my old condo a long time before I switched over to the job that I currently have. Now, I didn't think that the commute would be that bad, but after a few years at my job, I decided that maybe it was time to move a little bit closer to downtown so I wouldn't have such a long commute.

I did that a couple of months ago and figured out that the new place that I bought is right by a greenway that runs right by my workplace, so I've been taking a bike commute.

Now the commute is definitely more calm and relaxing than rigorous, it's all flat, so I don't really sweat or anything when I'm riding. Plus, I've even encouraged a few of my coworkers to start commuting to work on their bikes too. Plus, I'm saving money on gas too. I actually got the idea after I got my ClearTVBundle and was reading up on ways I could go green.

I hope to keep up my good habit for a long time. And I've even lost some weight since I've been biking!

1 comment:

  1. That's a good idea to commute to your work place on sharing basis. If all of you could share your bike alternately then it would definitely save fuel and money.

    ReplyDelete